- Insta Fund (Pty) Ltd takes data privacy seriously. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal data we may collect from visitors to our websites and/or our clients.
- This policy does not apply to any third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these third party websites, they will have their own privacy policies, which Insta Fund (Pty) Ltd is not responsible for.
- We may collect and process different types of personal data in the course of operating our business and providing our services. These include, but are not limited to: personal details provided to us by or on behalf of our clients, contact data, any personal information and data relating to the shareholders or the directors of our clients, financial data such as payment related information or bank account details bank statements or Annual Financial Statements, any company and personal accounting records such as invoices, purchase orders, debtors aging, creditor aging, your registered and operating address, website usage and other technical data such as details of your visits to our websites or information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies, Identification and other background verification data such as copies of identity documents, CIPC documentation, memorandum of incorporation, landlord or other suppliers statements, utility bills or evidence of beneficial ownership/share register, business management data such as curriculum vitae, education and employment history, details of professional memberships and other information relevant to the management of the borrower.
- We may collect or receive your personal data in a number of different ways:
a) where you provide it to us directly by corresponding with us by email, telephone, mobile applications or via any other direct interactions with us;
b) where we monitor use of, or interactions with, our websites, any marketing we may send to you, or other email communications sent from or received by Insta Fund (Pty) Ltd;
c) third party sources, for example, where we collect information about you to assist with “know your client” checks as part of our client acceptance procedures;
d) any publicly available sources -e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook etc.
- We will only use your personal data where we are permitted to do so by applicable law.
- We do not knowingly collect or maintain information about children.
- We will use your information as its necessary to understand your product needs, determine whom should contact you from our organisation, to assist us in preparing for conversations and in order to conclude a contract with you in order to provide you with the requested products. It is also necessary for Insta Fund (Pty) Ltd to verify that we are dealing with the legitimate customer in order to avoid fraud.
- We may use your personal data in the following ways:
a) to fulfil our risk management obligations (including running credit checks via credit bureau) and to ensure that you fall within our acceptable risk profile;
b) to prevent fraud, to identify conflict of interest or reputational risk;
c) on legal grounds – to ensure contract performance, to enable us to accurately prepare contracts and perform our obligations and provide our products to you,
d) to ensure the content of our website is relevant;
e) for research purposes to develop better offerings;
f) to recover any payments due to us and where necessary to enforce such recovery through the engagement of debt collection agencies or taking other legal action (including the commencement and carrying out of legal and court proceedings
- Insta Fund (Pty) Ltd will not share your personal data with third parties except in responding to your request for products.
- When we share your personal data, we shall share it with: our professional advisors (e.g. legal, financial, business, risk management or other advisors), bankers and auditors; our insurers and insurance brokers; third party service providers to whom we may be outsourcing certain functions such as information and document management, office support, technology and IT services, word processing, photocopying etc;
- We share your personal data and client data with credit agencies for processing and credit reporting purposes. You acknowledge and accept these Terms when you request any of our product offering.
- We may also process your personal data to comply with our regulatory requirements or in the course of dialogue with our regulators as applicable.
- We will process your data in South Africa.
- We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which this data was collected and any other permitted linked purpose. If your personal data is used for two purposes we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires; but we will stop using it for the purpose with a shorter period once that period expires. Our retention periods are also based on our business needs and good practice.
- This is how we protect your data: We recognise that information security is an integral element of data privacy. While no data transmission (including over the Internet or any website) can be guaranteed to be secure from intrusion, we implement a range of commercially reasonable physical, technical and procedural measures to help protect personal data from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction in accordance with data protection law requirements.
- Information that you provide to us is stored on our service providers’ secure servers. This website is hosted by Xneelo. Insta Fund (Pty) Ltd is satisfied with the security as well as the accessibility and information use policies and standards being followed by Xneelo. For more info on this service provider and their policies, please visit their website: www.xneelo.co.za.
- Everyone at Insta Fund (Pty) Ltd and any third party service providers we may engage that process personal data on our behalf (for the purposes listed above) are also contractually obligated to respect the confidentiality of personal data.
- Alongside our role, please also note that where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites or online services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for complying with any other security procedures that we notify you of. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- We are also required to take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data remains accurate. In order to assist us with this, please let us know of any changes to the personal data that you have provided to us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- While it is our policy to respect the rights of individuals, please be aware that your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exemptions to safeguard the public interest (e.g. the prevention or detection of crime), our interests (e.g. the maintenance of legal privilege) and some of these rights may be limited (for example the right to withdraw consent) where we are required or permitted by law to continue processing your personal data to defend our legal rights or meet our legal and regulatory obligations. If you contact us to exercise any of these rights we will check your entitlement and respond in most cases within a month.
- When you visit our websites we may send a cookie to your computer. This is a small data file stored by your computer to help improve functionality or tailor information to provide visitors with more relevant pages. We may also analyse website traffic to identify what visitors find most interesting so we can tailor our website.